Together, We Can Make a Difference
As we continue to hear in the news about the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), as well as the yearly influenza, it is important for everyone to practice good hygiene and take other precautions. Our chief concern is always the safety and health of our associates and customers. We are carefully monitoring the recommendations of government health agencies, such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC), about the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and urge you to educate yourself about the disease and follow the precautions.
Here is a link from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
While the emergence of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is an evolving situation with many unknowns, we are sure of one thing: We will do our part to help our fellow Minnesotans prepare. As a team, we can help slow the spread of the virus by working together. We are encouraging all of you to take care of yourselves, your families, and ultimately our customers. To encourage healthful living, we have enhanced wellness practice opportunities for our team and below is some guidance on healthy practices at work. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
Working Together To Protect Our Dealerships and Our Community
There are everyday preventive measures and practices we can all use to stay healthy and help prevent the flu and other viral infections:
● Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
● Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
● Utilize tissues for sneezing, coughing, and spitting.
● Dispose of used tissues in appropriate receptacles, rather than reusing.
● At home and at work, clean frequently touched surfaces.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick (within 6 feet).
● Stay home if you are sick, to prevent spreading germs. Be abundantly cautious.
● Get plenty of rest, eat healthy meals, consider vitamins/preventative supplements.
● Utilize hand sanitizer between washings (contact maintenance if additional supply is needed).
● Stay informed and follow the advice of the CDC (see attachments).
Helping Ensure a Safe Vehicle Service & Shopping Experience
At Kia of Mankato, we have instituted enhanced measures, beyond our already-strict protocols, to sanitize our stores to provide a safe automotive shopping and servicing experience. In response to the coronavirus outbreak:
- Sanitization of workspaces, customer seating areas, doors, showroom vehicles, and all other areas trafficked by staff and customers, every 30-60 minutes, or when a guest leaves that area.
- Sanitizing all vehicles before and after test drives.
- Isolated areas for sales transactions. Most desks are separated by a barrier, meaning no contact with other customers or representatives besides you own. If no barriers, tables are separated by more that 8ft.
- Staff members who are not feeling well, regardless of symptoms, are being asked to stay home until further notice. Customers are being asked to cancel any sales or service appointments if they are not feeling healthy as well.
- Staff members have been instructed to isolate themselves outside of the workplace, to ensure they stay healthy.
Service, starting now, will be offering pick up and drop off on an appointment basis for all service needs. We will also offer the option to pay over the phone for your service appointment. Please check with us first, as distances that we can offer this service will vary.
Kia of Mankato has always been committed to providing our clients with an exceptional shopping experience that offers access to the best automotive products and services. We are dedicated to continuing to serve our clientele with the same high standards during this time. We will continue to closely monitor developments related to the coronavirus. We are prepared to take additional actions as needed to help ensure the safety, health and well-being of our customers, team members and the greater Mankato and South Central Minnesota community.